Monday, November 1, 2010

UC's words of wisdom

My Uncle Cliff is full of wisdom. I see him as the keeper of our family history - with a unique perspective. He is an "outsider" because he married in to this wacky lineage, but he has been a part of it for almost 40 years and he knows. He knows. He knows all of the secrets and he will share them with you if you ask.

Ha. He is the patriarch of a branch of this family and I admire this smaller unit so very much. They have been through a lot together, from extreme joy to tragedy, and they have made it through together. They never seem afraid or embarrassed to be who they are. I love each member dearly.


                                          UC and AJ... 39 years!!!


But, my point is, that UC is a wise man. And he shared a little nugget of wisdom with me, one that he used when raising his son and his daughter, and one that gives me a sense of peace and comfort when I remember to remind myself of it. It's a secret I'll share with you: "Give it 45 Days." UC says that in any situation, be it a new job or a new school or a fight with a friend or a loved one, just give it 45 days to all settle in. I'm not sure exactly what you're supposed to do after 45 days are up... I'll have to ask UC.

That is my inspiration for this blog. Previously I tried to just blog about "life" but I was plagued with too many worries. What is the implication of being able to google my 5 month old son? Who would want to read about my boring life anyways? What if I share information that future employers find questionable? Mostly I just don't want to be judged. Yeah, I admit that I care what other people think of me. I try to pretend like I don't, but the truth is that I care. So there.

I love to set little goals for myself. Even more so, I love the feeling when I accomplish them. I am combining this love with UC's words to live by and I've set a little goal for myself. That is what I will be recording here.

My new 45 day goal is to practice yoga everyday for 45 days. Whether that be at home with a yoga DVD, attending a Yoga class, or merely doing my AM or PM "flow" that an instructor has recently shared with me, I am aiming to fit in some sort of yoga practice daily in my life. And hopefully this blog will keep me accountable. IDK, I'll give it 45 days...


                                         Pass on the wisdom to a new generation...

No comments:

Post a Comment