Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 14: Discouraged.

Day 14
Namaste Yoga DVR 25 minutes

Today was pretty discouraging, I'm not gonna lie. We spent all day at a craft fair, selling our wares. Or rather, NOT selling our wares. We did not do well and didn't even break even with our booth fee. I guess it happens to every business at sometime. But, when I got home, I just started getting really down on myself. I'm NOT throwing a pity party here. I am just trying to be honest. I started feeling like there is nothing that I do well. I have all of these different interests and avenues that I invest my time and myself into. And I just felt like I don't commit myself entirely to any of them. I wanted to just cry to myself, but I didn't want Miles to know because I knew he'd try to cheer me up. I just wanted to feel my feelings. So I did the dishes and folded laundry all the while crying to myself. And then I started to think how pathetic it is that when I want to be alone, I do chores.

Ugh. I'm pathetic.

Of course, Miles did notice and DID try to cheer me up by telling me that I'm such a good mom, wife, sister, etc etc etc.

2 comments:

  1. i can completely relate beck. you are not alone. i do chores when i am feeling down, too. i think it is because that is something i can control, and complete. you are not pathetic.... i promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do well at everything you try becky. You are so creative and you are such an amazing sister, wife, sister-wife, mom, cousin, daughter, friend, teacher, home-boy etc. you are such an amazing person. i agree with em about doing chores to have "control" yep. i do that.

    ReplyDelete