Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 7: I am Bethany

Day 7
Energizing AM Flow - 10 minutes

This morning I woke up at 5AM and, though I dozed off here and there until about 8, I didn't get any restful sleep from then on. At 5 I woke up excited... probably because it's my sister, Rachel's, birthday! I'm so excited to see her this afternoon & just celebrate the truly inspirational, joyful, joyous, glittering woman that she is.

My husband had to run off on an important errand and my baby was way too energetic to just lay in bed. He is SUCH a morning baby! He is all smiles and kicks and giggles and energy in the morning. It's a good quality... not one that I possess... but one that maybe he'll hold on to! So, after a couple of hours of laundry, dishes, baby care, baby bath, rocking and nursing, he was ready to take a nap. Then it was my time. I just finished my AM flow, and though it was 10 minutes, it truly is energizing. It's rewarding to see improvement, because the key move (for me) is a deep standing lunge. Usually I have terrible balance and it's frightfully embarrassing to do this pose in front of other people. But, I'm getting a little bit better.

I also have a secret trick, a 'mantra', if you will. When I am doing something physically challenging such as trying to run or hold a difficult pose I say to myself (sometimes out loud), "I am Bethany." My sister, Bethany, does all sorts of challenging physical things. She also possesses this amazing charismatic energy. When I say, "I am Bethany" to myself, somehow I stand up straighter - taller, I feel stronger and more powerful, and focused. It fills me with a sense of energy and grace. And, maybe this is an odd thing to do, I don't know. But it helps me. Since my sis is some distance away from me at the moment, I hope she doesn't mind me syphoning off some of her energy in this way.

Oh my God, he was soooo tiny.

1 comment:

  1. love you so much! and i love getting to read about your days! you are inspiring me to do more yoga.... i bought the coupon for 20 classes of bikram to be used in 8 weeks- that is more than twice a week! i will say "i am becky" as i drag myself to class every week!

    ReplyDelete