Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 6: Jude Stretch

Day 6
PM Yoga Flow 15 minutes

Today I spent 8 hours teaching third graders & Jude stayed home with his papa. I had substituted for this particular class earlier in the school year, and when I asked them if they remembered me, they said, "Yes! You taught us the 'Jude Stretch'!" Then I recalled that I had incorporated little yoga breaks throughout the day, and I had showed them the stretch that my little guy does where he claps his hands together, raises them above his head and then lets both of his arms go out to the side! Aw, it was so cute that they remembered. So, that is one way that I fit at least some yoga into my day! Whenever the kids started to get antsy I would work in a little "Jude Stretch" along with some other simple yoga stretches. Good teacher trick. ;)


"Happy Baby Pose" - it's a real thing!

The baby is so busy! When I finally made it home after a loooong 8 hours, I swear, it looked like he grew. And he is grabbing anything and everything that is in front of him. Watch out, world!

So, yes, my day was long and exhausting. When I got home I was pooped and I was STARVING. Around 7 or so I started to get a little bit grumpy (sorry, Miles). 15 minutes of yoga is not ideal, but it is something! And after I practiced, I felt much more cheery and at ease.

G'Nite.




No comments:

Post a Comment