Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 30: Creatures of Habit

Day 30
PM Yoga Flow 25 minutes

Well, PM relaxation yoga is definitely becoming a routine. A healthy one. Ideally, I'd practice more yoga during the day, but this winding down at the end of each day is going really well for me. I'm able to squeeze out soreness, stiffness, and tension before I lay me down to sleep. There is another routine that I am falling in love with... story time. It actually starts about an hour before we'd like Jude to go to sleep... tonight it was 7:45. We'd made Jude mashed potats & peas for dinner. He ate a few bites - peas were new for him. And they were very green, his dish kind of looked like play-doh. But, I think they grew on him. Then I just let him play with his bowl. Textures are good for baby exploration, no? Peas and potats everywhere. :) He enjoyed himself. Then, we got his bath ready. That is the first step in our nighttime routine. He loves "splash-splash" as we call it. He may be outgrowing his baby tub because he lunges forward and holds on to the edges and kind of tries to crawl out of it. Errrrr, this may be where I'm a little bit in denial of how old and advanced he is. We cleaned up our pea-covered son and then we snuggle him in a blanket, dry him off, and get our pjs on. Then we settle into our rocker for nursing while daddy lays on the floor and reads us a story. Currently we are re-reading "Cat's Cradle" by Vonnegut. One of my faves.

These are the moments I cherish. I look at the three of us, listening to a story, nursing my son, watching him fall asleep (or sometimes sip and then jump up to look at daddy before going in for another sip), and I am so content and happy with my life.

Tonight he was out by 8:45. Success! I should keep track of this bedtime/sleeping adventure and see where we're at after we give it 45 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment