Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 3 - Honor thy Mother

Day 3
Yoga Way to Motherhood - Final Class

What a beautiful fall Tuesday. I've had such a lovely day. Last night, after Jude's sudden mobility developmental spurt, we were lying in our bed together and I was feeling the inside of his gums... to my surprise I felt something sharp bite down on my finger!!! OMG his first tooth has broken the surface of his gums and is VISIBLE to the naked eye!!! I'm so proud and delighted I could cry. :)


My punkin head.

For the past 5 Tuesday mornings, Jude and I have attended our "Yoga Way to Motherhood" class. It's a beautiful little class that followed up on our "Yoga Way to Birth" series. We meet and discuss the reality of mothering, connect with other moms, and practice yoga and meditation. Today our focus was on honoring mothers. The instructor is a woman who has such beautiful & powerful energy; someone I really admire as a person and as a mother. It's been such a good experience and I'm kind of sad that it's come to an end. But, even more so, I'm thankful that I took the time and energy to prioritize it into my life.

Let me just take a moment here to honor all of the mothers I know, the ones that I don't know, all of the mothers mothering today, and all of those who have come before... the work that you do is valuable, meaningful, beautiful, hard, and necessary to the very core of our society and humanity itself. THANK YOU.


Thank you, mamma.

After that, we came over to my sister's to hang out with her little family. We have been walking around the neighborhood, having great conversations, and watching our boys play together. We just got back from the park and Eli taught me a new song about pumpkins. What a perfect day.


Our boys - the airplane & the lobster.


No comments:

Post a Comment