Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DAY 45: UC, you were right!

Day 45
Yoga (class) 75 minutes

Uncle Cliff, you were right when you said, "Give it 45 Days." I can't think of a time you've ever steered me wrong. ;) I still don't know what's supposed to happen after 45 days but I know it's a great motto for life.

I just returned home after a really great yoga class. Walked through the door, and saw my baby asleep on his daddy's chest on the couch. What could be better than that? It may take a little time for me to reflect on this quest, but I have come to a few conclusions. My yoga practice has improved - I'm stronger, more aware of my body alignment and my breath. My mind still tends to wander but I'm able to refocus with more ease. In my daily life I feel calmer more of the time. I'm able to bring my attention to the tiny moments of my life and really soak them up. When I feel anxious or flustered I'm better able to either 1. Feel that way and then let it go, or 2. Take a moment to calm myself. I have a long way to go when it comes to physical balance, strength, and emotional well being. But, "Maybe I'm not what I should be, maybe I'm not what I could be, but one thing's for sure - I'm a lot better than I used to be." (To quote a certain wise uncle of mine.)

The most important thing this little quest has done is that yoga practice is now a part of my daily routine. And I am going to continue practicing every day. Even if it's just 10 minutes before bed, it's something. It's 10 minutes for me and for the well being of my body, mind, heart, and soul. Which in turn benefits all of those that I love and care for. And I'm blessed with a lot of loved ones in my life - BLESSED.

So, if you ever have an obstacle that seems insurmountable, or a goal that you'd like to start working towards, I'd advise you to turn your ear to my sweet Uncle Cliff and "Give it 45 Days".

No comments:

Post a Comment