Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

I know, I know, my faithful followers have been fretting, "Where have you been??" Since I know you both in real life (extremely well) you already know that I am alive and well. I've just been on a blogging hiatus after my 45 day quest, and I've been busy enjoying the celebrations during my baby's first holiday season.

My, how he's grown. He's developed a taste for wrapping paper & bows. He's 7 months old now, his vocabulary includes "ba", "da", "ma", and lots of "aahh". He also communicates with grunting, growling, pounding his fists against a nearby surface, flapping his arms like he is about to take-off in flight, reaching, spitting, thbbptt-ing, and much more. Here's a picture of him at a recent family get-together - he was being a TOTAL ham.



hammy hammy ham-bone
 But, enough about Jude. I could go on FOREVER!!! You may be pleased to hear that I have continued with my yoga practice. I have practiced every day since the beginning of my quest, only excluding Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve. The Xmas days we were just too busy and stayed up way too late even without the yoga practice. NYE I could have squeezed it in, I'm sure, but I was allowing myself just one day to be lazy about my practice. THEN I got up early January 1st and got my butt to the studio! It was an ass-kicking vinyasa practice and I was actually sweating. I also dragged my sore body BACK to the studio on the 2nd for more. Although the practice was less intense, I can tell you that my thighs were burning.

My "Secret Santa" also gifted me an awesome set of four vinyasa style yoga DVDs for Christmas, and I've been practicing them on the days when I'm home.

So, by "giving it 45 days" I have most definitely found a way to fit a daily yoga practice into my life. Thank you, UC! I feel healthier, happier, and calmer. I'm actually so content with my life right now - probably more than ever before. I know that taking time to care for myself daily has A LOT to do with that. Also, I am much more able to be present in the moments of my life. Right now, with Jude so small and sweet, that is a priceless gift. I love all of my moments with him.


Me and the bear - I do love my life!
So, how to continue on with this blog? I feel like I need a new 45 day quest, but I am having trouble deciding on a goal. I haven't got a lot of time to take on anything too major in my daily life. And, like I said, I'm totally content right now and there's not an area that I feel needs a huge improvement! I also don't want this goal to be a negative: a taking something away. I'm not going to abstain from watching TV, eating meat, eating dessert, drinking alcohol or caffeine, or anything else. I want to keep it in the positive. So, here are some ideas that I've had:
Read daily
Craft daily
Keep track of Jude's sleeping habits
"Ferberize" Jude
Cook daily
Adding some cardio to my routine

...Sorry to cut this short, the bear just woke up. It'll probably be reading or crafting. Which would you rather read about?

2 comments:

  1. what is a "ferberize"? i can't vote if i don't know what it all is. i need to be educated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that one is not really an option right now. You've heard of "sleep training kids" and letting them "cry it out"? Well, the most popular method is by a Dr. Ferber... he's written books and such. So, don't vote for that one. :)

    ReplyDelete