Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 44: Sister Wife

Day 44
PM Yoga 25 minutes

"25 minutes" was totally split up. Earlier this evening, I was hanging out with my nephew while my baby slept. Eli was playing a game on the computer, so I tried to squeeze in some stretching on the side. I love that he knows what yoga is - he asks me, "Are you doing yoga? You can do yoga and I will play." But after about 5 minutes my downward dog pose became a tunnel for him. :)
My miraculous sister had spent the day with me CLEANING my house! She's an angel. I'm having a couple moms and babies over tomorrow, and of course my house was disgusting. So Rach agreed to help me out. Sometimes I wish she could be my sister wife. It's a lot easier to get stuff done when there's two of us!

And then tonight, Jude of course didn't want to sleep in his crib, so I handed him to his papa so I could get a yoga break. He sleeps incredibly well in our arms! But he does not like to be laid down. This has been an ongoing battle, although every night is a little bit different - and some nights are completely different. I have no idea what I'm doing on this front - I'm just trying to do my best. Anyway, after about 10 minutes I could hear that papa wasn't having much luck either, so I had to peek in and see if I could help. We decided to just bring him to bed with us. So I squeezed in 10 more minutes while Miles laid down with him. They're absolutely silent now. :)

I have to mention that today is the anniversary of my cousin Kristin's death. This blog is dedicated to her family - for it's her dad that is the original inspiration. I've been thinking a lot about her lately, and others that have died way too young. It's a really hard thing to get a grip on. Life's a journey and we all know that it ends in death. But it's so heartbreaking when death comes too soon. Especially when it comes too soon for such a beautiful person, like my cousin was. I remember her being FULL of life, laughter, and just good good fun-loving energy. 23 seemed like a "grown-up" age from my perspective when she died - because I was about 13. But it's not at all. It is SO young. And I usually try to look on the bright side of things and to focus on whatever positives are to be found. But sometimes I just have to acknowledge that it fucking sucks and it's not fair. No one should lose a child or a sister so young. Even though life continues to go on, time passes, distance grows... it doesn't get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment