Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 41: O Christmas Tree

Day 41
PM Yoga Flow 15 minutes

After we got Jude to bed (another ordeal) I settled in for just a little bit of stretching after a loooong day. A wonderful day, but busy and full. I finished quite a nice little stretch by the light of the Christmas Tree's colored bulbs.

But, I feel like I've been "doing yoga" all day. Meaning that I've felt eerily at ease - very zen. I feel that I was able to focus in on a moment as it came and went, determining what was needed at that time. I took the baby all around town for four hours and to four different locations on holiday errands. I was able to accomplish a lot - I just want to be done so that I can relax without stressing out about last minute details. The energy was about to turn crazy consumer christmas out there at the stores - I could feel it teetering on the brink. The upside is that I have no more money to spend so I have no choice but to be DONE!
My boy was such a joy during the entire day. We played at home, had a morning nap and then I figured I'd take the opportunity to run some errands. He snuggled in the ergo almost the whole time, and was able to stay well rested. Love that thing. We had a little break at starbucks (i'd forgotten to eat lunch and needed to refuel with a fruit & cheese plate) where I had my snack, he breastfed, and also stared some people down. He is so social. He will single out a person and just smile at them until they look over at him. Then he will either start jumping with glee or act all shy and turn away to nuzzle into my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment