Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ring of Fire: Day 9 "Live & Learn"

 
Over the past 3 years I have taken Jude to a LOT of activities. We started out with baby storytimes at the library & mama baby yoga classes. We've been taking him to baby & me swimming classes for 2 1/2 years (mostly a Daddy weekend activity). Through our parks & rec district, which I am a big fan of, we've participated in munchkin gymnastics, munchkin sports, messy little fingers, paint and play, mom's morning out, preschool exploration, first time friends, knee high naturalist hikes, creature features at the nature center... and more that I'm probably forgetting. :/ Plus tons of storytimes and crafty activities at the library. (Not to mention various playdates, meetups, and our routine park explorations, and trips to the zoo and science museum...) Yesterday we found the BEST class of all... "Science Tots" at the Children's Museum. Jude had a BLAST and I get inspired by the thoughtful & creative activities, since I am a teacher.

Spontaneous Happy Dance for the Rocket Blast Activity 
(Film canisters filled 1/2 way with liquid watercolor, add small pieces of Alka Seltzer tablets, cap & flip over... count down from 10, then up, and be surprised EVERY single time the rocket takes off - leaving cool splatter paint art! We must have done this 20 times.)

It seems like a lot when I think about it. But, you never know how something is going to be until you give it a try. I love to sign up for all of these activities because I get a chance to interact with other parents, to learn what my child is into, what his learning style is like, and how he interacts with other kids & teachers. I think Scarlett will benefit because I've learned what kind of activities & organizations I like and which ones were a waste of time and money. I'm just thankful for Jude's easy going attitude and willingness to go along with whatever crazy schemes I come up with for the day. This spontaneous "2 thumbs up" photo seems to say, "Thanks Mom, you're doing alright."

No comments:

Post a Comment