Monday, August 19, 2013

Ring of Fire: Day 25 "Nesting"

I'm trying to remain relaxed & not freak out that our baby is "due" in about 24 days.
There is a frantic woman living inside my head who keeps me up at night running through lists of things I "need".

But, really. As long as I have my boobs, some diapers, and a comfy bed to snuggle in, we will be just fine. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

The smallest clothes are washed & folded in the closet. Our changing table is up, it was never taken down. Our co-sleeper is put together & we'll get it nestled into our bedroom within a week. I'll start our diaper service when we're closer to the due date. Really, we can fill this out online after we're home, as long as I have some diapers at home to tide us over. My house is cozy & comfy. My son is happy.

Yes, I should probably pack a bag for the hospital. Yes, I should probably write out a birth plan.

I've been trying to develop a "cleaning schedule" of sorts so that my house can operate in a sanitary & tidy state most of the time. This is a work in progress. We've gotten really good at keeping up on dishes, laundry, and vacuuming. We red up most of the toys throughout the day and at night so that things are pretty tidy, actually. My area of improvement is keeping the bathrooms & kitchen in a sanitary state. Really, the kitchen is fine. I struggle with the bathrooms. But, I'm making progress. I created caddies full of cleaning supplies that I keep under each bathroom sink. This way, I can take a few minutes and do SOMETHING. Even if I can't full on bleach the entire bathroom, I can clean the mirrors, or the toilet, or the counter, etc... So, my upstairs bathroom seems clean most of the time. But, my downstairs bathroom could use some love.

I'm writing all this because today is Monday. I woke up this morning totally motivated. I usually feel this way Monday mornings, but Tuesday I've lost steam. :) I had a great morning; cleaning, playing, enjoying my little boy. By noon I was Done. I just wanted to go to sleep. There is still so much "to do" but, being 36 and 1/2 weeks pregnant my body is forcing me to rest.
And this is a good thing.

I just need to balance the doing & the resting.
My home will remain a work in progress.
But, it is welcoming, loving, comfortable, and playful. These things are what is actually important to me.

In other news: Little Miss Scarlett has been SO active today. Seriously, I don't know what she is up to in there, but she is on the move. Jude & I were reading books in bed this morning and he had his legs resting on my belly. She was kicking him SO hard and he was laughing, asking me, "Mom, did you feel that?!"

*bask*

1 comment:

  1. I also struggle with my bathrooms. I keep trying to just have a day a week that I clean them. But then I will think "Oh but they don't look too dirty". and then another week goes by and they are super dirty. Gah. I like that you have cleaning supplies in each one though! That makes things easier!

    ReplyDelete