Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ring of Fire: Day 28 "Nesting Take Two"

Kitchen

I've spent the entire morning (about 3.5 hours) re-organizing my kitchen. So... I think the traditional "nesting" is kicking in. If you walked into my kitchen, you would not be impressed. It's not "clean". The floor's trashed. But, if you looked inside my cabinets, you might notice that the insides are vacuumed, wiped down with bleach, and there is a designated place for everything. My original intent was to make room for baby stuff; bibs, bottles, etc... Over the weekend my Saint of a husband created some storage/pantry space for us in the garage. So, I've been moving items that we rarely use out there and just shifting everything around. Poor guy isn't going to be able to find anything!

Bathroom

Oh man. Two nights ago we discovered a leak coming from our upstairs bath tub and landing in our downstairs bathtub! Of course, soaking the ceiling and walls in between the two. This downstairs bathroom has been driving me crazy. We bought our house a year ago in June, and we have never used the downstairs tub or shower. At first we just thought it was gross/filthy. So we tried to clean it. Then, we figured that maybe we just need to re-do the grout between the tile. After more investigation, we found that the drywall behind the tile was damaged. So, my husband has been trying to find time to rip it all out and re-do it. I've been patiently reminding him that it would be nice to get this done before I was super pregnant... or maybe before the baby is born??? It's actually a blessing that we haven't completed this project because we would have had to re-do the entire project after this freaking LEAK!
Anyways, the leak is repaired, and the damage isn't as terrible as we feared. I guess everything really does happen for a reason & we'll see if we can get this done before Scarlett is born! It would be really nice to have bathroom facilities adjacent to our bedroom when I'm home recuperating. But... it wouldn't be the end of the world because I do have a working tub upstairs.
First world problems, right!? 

Baby Stuff

I've been gathering last minute items I might need, washing baby clothes, and gently nesting the kids'
room and closets. Mostly it's just fun to make everything look cute. For example, I keep hanging up cute little things on display. When you open Scarlett's side of the closet, you see  her "Lil Sis" shirt hanging up with rainbow leggings,  and knitted hats made by Gwamma Bear.  Luckily I haven't had to do much, since we're not setting up a crib or a nursery. We all sleep together in one room - Mama Bear & Papa Bear on each edge of the bed while Jude Bear does somersaults in the middle. Scarlett Bear will have a co-sleeper next to me, where I hope she is comfy.
The changing table is still up since we never took it down. The kids' room has a huge closet that is easily divided in half with plenty of room for clothes, blankets, diapers, etc.

Jamm'as

Oooh, I JUST got a package from Kohl's with nursing jammies, a robe, a nursing bra and of course more jammies for Jude Bear. More stuff to wash, yay! Everything is so soft & comfy. I'm looking forward to bonding, nursing time and hanging out at home in my new jammies.

I'm so happy my husband will be home for a month.

I'm so happy my preschooler is happy & healthy. He is so sweet to this baby. Yesterday he met  a friend's new 5 week old baby sister and he was adorable with her; talking sweetly, touching her gently, peeking under her cover to see her nurse, singing Rockabye Baby to her, and hugging my leg and snuggling when I was holding her. It was a beautiful few minutes... and nerve wrecking to wonder how we'll handle it 24/7.

Here we go!

P.S. We are 3 weeks out from the "Due Date". Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment