Sunday, March 30, 2014

Day 10

We are rounding out our first Spring Break! Jude only goes to preschool for 4 hours a week, but it's still my first Spring Break as a mom of two. 

Highlights include: a picnic with the neighbors, playing at the park with a preschool friend, playing with the culdesac kids all day (Monday), library (which was packed!), bowling with daddy, baby play date with 2 teacher friends & their babies (Tuesday), children's museum for 4.5 hours (Wednesday & it was super packed!), cousin Gwen coming for a visit (Thursday through today), meeting a sweet 2 week old baby at a very good friend's, playing with her newly crowned big brother, (Friday), donut breakfast, a very busy & packed bookstore, dinner out with a long lost cousin (Saturday), and a party for my dad's birthday today, with 3 babies & 4 crazy big kids galore. 

Phew! 

Since my theme is breastfeeding, I should mention that I breastfed at every place that I listed above: the playground, restaurant, etc. At the museum we actually ducked into a little room labeled "first aid & nursing room" to sit on a comfy couch & take a break from the very crowded atmosphere. At the super crowded bookstore, I saw a mom openly walking around while breastfeeding - which I really appreciated because I've had to chase after Jude with the baby still attached before, and I've wondered if others might do the same. :) 

One of my favorite moments this week occurred on Thursday. I was very tired & hadn't slept well the night before. After taking the kids grocery shopping, we were at home and I threw a sleeping bag out in the backyard. I set the baby down & went inside to gather books, a blanket, water bottle, camera, home phone, and then carried my barefoot, Popsicle eating 3 & 1/2 year old over. It was sprinkling a little off and on, alternating with sun breaks. Typical Oregon. The three of us read books, made up games, crawled in the grass, nursed, snuggled, giggled, and just Lived together until the rain became too intense. I gathered the 4 corners of the sleeping bag together and dragged it all inside. It was a beautiful, messy, wet, happy, alive experience. 

I was taking pictures with my actual camera this week, so I don't have anything cute to share directly from my phone, which I'm writing this on. 

Next week it's back to our routine. Although, while raising tiny people, I feel like we are in a constant state of transition rather than anything I could call a "routine" that might last for more than 2 seconds. 

There is nothing to be done but to 
*bask*

No comments:

Post a Comment