Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 3

Remember how I told you that Scar Bear bites me while nursing? Well, today she actually drew blood. Has this happened to you? Do you have any tips for me? 

Jude & I had a mommy/Jude date this morning while Scarlett stayed with daddy. We went to a family yoga class that I usually bring both kids to. Afterwards, we met Daddy & Scar out for breakfast. After a few minutes of my angel baby grabbing everything within (and out of) reach at the table, I nursed her a little bit. It was fine, it was Great! And then, zzzzzzzzing! It was definitely the most intense chomp down yet & the pain shot from my nipple through my body. If I were a man, I would have let out a wail that could have been heard for a mile. But, I'm tough, and also aware that I'm in a public space where other people are enjoying a nice brunch. So I gritted my teeth and as gently as I could, de-latched her. The pain didn't subside, so I peeked into my nursing tank and there was actual blood on my nipple pad. 

Not a lot, but fresh, red, tiny blood spots where there is usually just sweet extra milk. I had a vision of my cannibal, blood thirsty baby with fresh blood smeared on her face, hungry for more. But, I have an over active, morbid imagination. 

I did take an ice cube from my water glass and stick in in my nursing tank. That helped, but honestly, my nipple still hurts, now two hours later. 

This is so different from my nursing experience with her brother, who never bit me in 27 months, with all of his teeth.  I'm getting chomped several times a day. I tried shocking her by yelling, "OW!" loudly & she just looked at me with a huge smile & sparkly, happy eyes. We live with a part-time dinosaur so she actually loves loud noises & being startled. 

What's a mommy to do?! 


I did train her to be a pirate so I've no one to blame but myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment