Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 2



Yahoo, this blogger app on my iPhone makes it easy to write. We are living in the future, people. 

It's especially convenient because I'm in bed with my bear cubs & wasting time on this contraption that I have a love/hate relationship with. But, I digress. 

What I want to write about is Jude bear & his babies. When I was pregnant, I bought him a sweet little doll to be his baby, in order to help him prepare for his little sister. I never could have anticipated the adorable, empathetic, nurturing, 
compassionate, caring and hilarious behavior that he exhibits with "Choko" (his name, my spelling). Today we all took a bath together, Jude & his baby and me & my baby. Afterwards, he dried her off and dressed her. He informs me that he is her daddy. And he is an exceptional daddy. It makes me feel like I am doing something right... Ok, a lot of things right. :) Of course, his baby sister wants nothing more than to tackle Choko & eat her face, which understandably upsets her papa bear. 

He also has a baby dinosaur, named "baby dinosaur". Both of his babies are girls. They sleep in our bed (which makes six of us) and in the morning we Must play with them. A couple of days ago, he made up this chant for them, "Baby girls team! Baby girls team!" And they (we) sang that on repeat for what seemed like forever. I have no idea what their team was doing other than just being Baby Girls Team. 

It made my heart smile. 

He also gives them "na nas" or Baby Dinosaur will give Choko na nas. Baby Dinosaur has na nas sometimes, but her favorite food is meat. And this brings me back to my whole breastfeeding theme. Bam!  

Conveniently, they're in bed with us now! Baby girls team! Baby girls team! 

No comments:

Post a Comment