Saturday, June 8, 2013

45 Days: Summer Gratitude

"Last Child in the Woods"
the Bear on a hike through Cooper Mountain  Nature Park
 
 


Inspired by:
 
1. My book club's recent "glamping" trip to L.L. Stewart "Stub" State Park, for which we read "The Last Child in the Woods" by, Richard Louv
and,
2. My favorite yoga instructor, Kimi Marin's blog post, about gratitude and being mindful of gratitude during these beautiful summer months
 
it seems a good time to *bask* in this gorgeous Oregon summer, and so I'll try to blog about what we're up to and what I'm grateful for. This is day one.
 
Ever since our glamping trip a week ago, I've been making a real effort to get outside daily. Jude LOVES it. He's such a nature boy, and he always has been. It's great for my mood and well being. I f*ing LOVE the sun and this gorgeous weather we've been having. Here's a little bit of a catch-up to show you some highlights of what we've been up to:
 
Here's the Bear on the morning of his 3rd birthday. 3 is SO much fun. I can't even stand it. He knows how far he's come & that he has much more independence than ever before. I'm so damn proud of him.
 
Our fearless leader, directing the way on our hike at Cooper Mountain. He's getting fast, and with Jubie in my belly, it can be a challenge to keep up with him. But, I haven't lost him yet.
 

This is the Bear's "before" shot, where he has his long, hippie hair. It was pretty much a bob, and he looks a lot like me with long hair & this cheezy grin.

The "after" shot! After my Amazingly talented sister, Megan, gave him his first real "little boy" haircut. *sniff* God, he looks gorgeous. And, now that you can see his face, he looks like his Daddy & not so much like me. :)

Oh, here's little ol' me, after my AMAZING sister, Megan, (did I mention her already?!?!) cut & styled my hair. Who knew I had curly hair??? I think it got curly after the Bear's pregnancy, and now it may get curlier after Jubie-Bear's current incubation.

G-ma Bear chasing Jude around the baseball diamond at Gabriel Park. I am so grateful that G-ma and G-pa live so close, we can pop in for impromptu lunch/park dates. *bask*
 

Here's Daddy Bear this morning in the middle of the strawberry fields at Smith's farm. We ended up picking 10 lbs. of strawberries. I am grateful that we are so close to all of this bounty, this farm was 10 minutes from our house. And we just had the BEST time together.

Jude Bear this morning, "showing" me the strawberries that he is eating. Talk about gratitude. Out of doors, sunshine, this kid, my son, delicious berries, sitting in the dirt, family: my love of this life is abundant.





 






No comments:

Post a Comment