Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer Lovin' Day 2

Fresh strawberry Jam. And I mean FRESH. Like the prince of bel air.
Mmmmm.
Jude's eaten a cup of it - mostly off of the counter because I knocked a jar over.
Listening to Tool.
Washing berries, while Jude's learning about compost, recycling, and the fact that he's big enough to reach into the sink to rinse his own berries. On the smallest of stools.
Miles in an apron.
The boys ducking out the back door when they have to pee.
Jude's little butt butt.
More sunshine.

So much gratitude.
And it's not even 2 pm.

*bask*


It's tempting to focus on what's NOT inspiring gratitude. Like, I woke up at 4am with a searing pain in my mid-back, one of my quad muscles wants to give out each time I walk up or down the stairs, and the calf on my other leg wants to do the same. So, I took an Epsom salt soak at 5, and slept in Jude's bed from 6:30 on... where no one would kick me in the face. It's frustrating not being able to do everything that I want to do... and my body is letting me know when I've done too much. But, I've got to focus on the positive - on the gratitude. That I've got a husband who will clean the bathrooms & just wants to make me happy. And he'll hold me and listen to me while I cry about my first world problems.

Gotta go play the Sax-O-Flute now... it can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment