Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Lovin: Day 13

Sweet things that Jude says:

Churches are "Castles". Especially the enormous Catholic convent that we drive by frequently. Lately, Jude says, "I've never been in that castle!" Yeah... we are not a religious family. But, they do look like castles.

"Letters" is an all encompassing term for lots of things represented with symbols; letters, numbers, and directions. When Jude asks, "What letter are you?" please tell him how old you are. This is too sweet for me to "correct". He'll adjust all of this in his own time, and I just love it right now. It breaks my heart a little bit when little kids are corrected or taught the "right" way, meaning that their way was "wrong". Most of the time, they figure it out eventually and it'll correct naturally, why rush them to follow our rules?? I just love *basking* in his world right now where he's creating his own meaning.
 I use "right & left" when I'm talking to him when we're driving and walking around. So, he'll say, "What letter are we going now?" He means, will we turn right or left?

Blanket is still "banklet"

He blows me away daily with his explanations and descriptions. It's an opportunity for me to peer into his process of making meaning. It blows my mind & amazes me to no end. I really need to start a little journal where I can jot down all of these amazing discoveries. Some are too personal to blog about, like what he learns about his body.

3 is just fascinating. Fascinating.

My other child has kicked me probably 100 times already this morning. She is a feisty one, I think. Oh boy, here we go!



1 comment:

  1. Love it!!:) So cute. And I love that you don't correct him. I will be sure to answer correctly if he asks what letter I am:)

    ReplyDelete