Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summer Lovin: Day 9

Yep, it has to be Dads today!
I have so much gratitude for the Dads in my life.

For Miles, who is outside digging in the dirt with our little boy right now. Our meatloaf dinner is almost done. A dad who cooks for us almost every single night, it's the least I can do to make him his favorite for Father's Day. Seriously, he's the best. It warms my heart to see how much Jude loves him. We're in this stage right now where I think Jude would prefer that I just disappear when Daddy's here. He wants him all to himself. I'm okay with that.
One of my favorite things is that Jude sleeps in Daddy Bear's "nook" every single night. And it's a cozy, cozy place to be.

I am so looking forward to watching Miles daddy it up with our daughter. I want her to be completely spoiled with love from her Daddy, and to KNOW that she is Daddy's princess. All that I want is for Miles to enjoy all the time he has with these two kiddos, and just by giving his time and attention they will be confident, safe, loved, secure, and able to take risks out there in the world.

Dads are extremely important. Some of us may have been given a "raw deal" when it comes to bio dads, but I don't want to get lost harping on that. My life is blessed. My "dad", BOB, came into my life and allowed me to develop any security and confidence that I may not have had from the get go. He's always there for me. He always has been. He loves me - and my siblings -  so much it makes him cry. And that means the world to me.

So, THANK YOU to all the Dads. I'm grateful your children, your partners, your families have YOU. You make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment