Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 42? Potty Training!

Thank you, Uncle Cliff! Apparently anything can be done if you "give it 45 days". I think that my little boy may actually be potty trained, and I can not take full credit at all. This is Very exciting. I'd like to thank my husband, the best team mate in parenting and family. I'd like to thank my neighbors, for not minding at all if my son is peeing in the front yard or in the middle of the street. I'd like to thank JUDE most of all for refusing to wear pull-ups! No, thank you for being such an amazing little boy who rocks the socks off of Life. You are the best and I'm so lucky to be your mom.

The CRAZY thing that blows my mind is that Jude just decided one day not to wear pull-ups when we left the house... and he has not had any accidents in his car seat, even on long drives, even sleeping in the car, and when he needs to go we make it work! He is courageously mastering public toilets that are not the ideal size and he is a spectacular hand washer. Even CRAZIER is that a little over a week ago he fell asleep while we were disagreeing about whether or not he needed to wear a night time pull-up. I was standing my ground, refusing to read him his good night book until he put one on. (I know, terrible mothering) He just fell asleep without a book and without pee protection. I was left to just have faith and see what happened. Amazingly, he stayed dry ALL NIGHT LONG!? I didn't get much sleep because I was constantly checking his pj's to make sure that he was not wet. (Here is another plus of co-sleeping!) The next night he did wet the bed, but the next night he woke up at 1:30 AM and had to pee, so I took him to the potty. I think he was half asleep on there, and it was adorable. Since then, he has stayed dry all night long!!! I don't know how this happened. I'm baffled, and extremely happy about it.

But, the CRAZIEST thing is that we just returned from a 3-night beach trip. Just In Case - I packed day time pull-ups, night time pull-ups, and a waterproof pad for the bed. I could have left all of these items at home!!! He made it the entire 2.5 hour car drive without an issue. He slept through the night and stayed dry all 3 nights. He peed in the big potties, in his little potty that I packed, in the sand, off the top deck, etc. It was awesome. Yeah, there was one moment where he pooped a little standing over a pillow. We got the rest of it in the potty. Yeah, there was another moment where he peed on his cousin's leg while they were playing in the sand. That was adorable.

Wish me luck, you guys. Obviously this journey isn't over. Someday I hope that he'll wear underwear. Someday I won't have to wipe his little butty-butt. Someday he won't ask for jelly beans after he pees. But, I am EnJoYiNg these days - right where we are.

 
*bask*

 
early morning tide pool adventures

 
father of the YeAr! 3 years & counting.

 
on the secret passage to the beach

 
I love being on your team.

1 comment:

  1. GOOOO JUDE! you rock! just like your parents! I'm so proud of you...but I always knew you had it in ya...(just to let it out)
    BAM!

    ReplyDelete