Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Lovin: Day 25

I just came to a realization while thinking about this blog. And it made me feel really grateful to have this perspective in my life. Thoughts tend to race around my head like, "Where the heck did June go?" "How is my baby 3 already?" "Why is this pregnancy going so fast?" Every morning I'm rushing. I'm Rushing to throw everything together that we need for whatever outing we're rushing to get to. I'm late to every play date & activity. I don't know how time is slipping away from me.

And then there's this. Today is day 25 of my current project: focusing on gratitude and blogging about our summer adventures. I'm getting ants in my pants, thinking, "This is boring." "I want to blog about something else." "45 days takes For-ev-er." I'm itching to escape. To move on. To abandon this focus and switch to something else. I should just switch my blog to a "4-5 day" timeframe. I would (maybe) be able to stick with that project...

It made me smile to realize this. And I'm so grateful to even have a "45 day" perspective available in my mind. It helps me to realize that, in fact, I'm not running around like a woman with my head cut off. Even when I feel like I am. It's all in how you look at things. If I choose to focus on the fact that life moves too fast, then, SPOILER Alert: it does. But, if I stretch my perspective a little bit, and challenge myself to stay In The Moment and refrain from the urge to move on to the next best thing... then I feel like I can breeeaaaathe. It's a more joyful way to Live. And Love it.

I obviously Rock at blogging every day for 45 days. And, if you know me, you know that I beat myself up for actually Not Rocking at this. So, F*It. I just realized that this is not what my blog is about. I just opened myself up to a new level of mindfulness and self-acceptance.

I'm sticking with gratitude.

*Bask*

P.S. I am also grateful for:
*Air Conditioning! Sweet, sweet, sweet A.C.
*My niece, Gwen, who spent her sweet 16 weekend with a friend of hers at our house, while they rocked the socks off of LeakyCon and we rocked her socks off with a surprise party! This girl is amazing. I'm so proud of her. If I'm lucky enough to have a daughter with her wit, responsibility, morals, and brains... I will kiss her feet. I was a Hot Mess at 16.
*Putting myself out there - meeting new people and stepping outside of my comfort zone.
*Baby kicks - if I could be pregnant all of the time I would. (If I didn't have to give birth & raise the kids, that is!) I ROCK at being pregnant. I'm so healthy, I'm doing yoga 3x a week, drinking water, eating well, and I'm so happy. My house is getting pretty clean, as well. But mostly, I am absolutely in LOVE with the feeling of this girl rolling around in my body, kicking my ribs, sticking her butty-butt out... it's just the coolest thing in the world. And I know, like after I had Jude, I will miss this belly so much and the connection that me & my baby have during this precious time.
*My parents' carpet shampoo-er!  And their generosity in letting us use it! We were about to spend $$ we didn't have to get our carpets steam cleaned again because they were driving me C.R.A.Z.Y!! This is so much better. Someday we will be able to afford to replace our flooring, but I'm learning to be happy in the now.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this:) Oh, and you ROCK at EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete