Friday, July 26, 2013

Give it 45 Days: Into the Ring of Fire

NEW PROJECT
Ring of Fire: Day 1

Alrighty, here is my new project. 45 days from now I will be pretty dang close to the due date for my second child. The "due date" is September 12th and according to my calculations, 45 days from now will be September 9th. The 9th happens to be the birthday of my best friend, Emily Pelletier, and also my very special friend, Taylor Andres. I would be honored if "Scarlett Love" would be blessed to share a birthday with these two amazing women. But, honestly it also frightens me because they are both extremely strong, intense, independent & spicy in their own ways and I just *hope* I'm up to the challenge of mothering this spirited little girl who is currently residing in my womb. I saw my midwife last week who informed me, "You know she's a wild child, right?" And I do. I really do. She jumps and moves around vigorously and quite frequently. She is going to be able to hold her own with her big brother and cousins. She is blessed to be part of a family full of strong & spicy women, and she will be surrounded by a tribe made up of extremely special, strong, supportive men and women. I'm so excited to welcome this little girl... get ready, world!

For the next 45 days I plan on blogging about my current endeavors in Mindful Motherhood, including adventures with my 3 year old Bear Cub, books I'm reading, yogic explorations, and another Deepak Chopra/Oprah meditation challenge that is coming up in August... all with a focus on celebrating this pregnancy as it nears its completion. And welcoming the newest little Bear Cub into our den.


Today we had a family day together and we took off to the beach. I've been needing to feel the sand under my feet, to hear the waves, and smell the salty air. Jude has actually been asking to go to the beach, and when he has a fantastic idea we can't say no. Daddy's been needing to dig a hole and to get out of town and away from the routine of daily life. We stopped on the way to pee (for me, of course) and took an impromptu hike through the forest, over a bridge, and down to a river to throw rocks and sticks. Daddy also got to splash his feet in the river water... and marvel at my spectacular plant identification skills. Then we were off to the beach for digging, poking, sunshine, sand, lunch, ice cream and togetherness. I can't count the number of times Jude spontaneously told us both "I love you!" It was a great day.

I'm amazed at how my Bear Cub is becoming such a big boy. He ran around the beach today, jumped in the waves, splashed in puddles, explored tide pools and wanted more, more, more.

 
Here I am, Mama Bear, with my 33 week pregnant belly and my 3 year old son. I'm so blessed.

Running, splashing, jumping, smiling and soaking up our natural world.
 
*bask*

2 comments: