Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Zombies & Keg Stands

OK, I'll try to keep this quick. I gave the whole "sleep training" thing 4 - 5 days. (That is 4 TO 5 days, not 45 days) It may be GREAT for some people, some parents, some babies, some families. But it does not fit into our family. And this is why...

* I was a ZOMBIE. Zombie. I could not function and barely even left my house. My entire life, I have not been a great sleeper. I'm a night owl. "Mommy Becky" doesn't get a whole lot of uninterrupted sleep as it is, but waking up with Jude every hour or two and spending up to an hour putting him back to sleep was turning me into a Zombie. And it's just not worth it.

* I lost track of my parenting philosophy. Every book that I pick up has a different theory about parenting and babies. Since the experts can't even agree on the "right" or "best" way to raise a child, Miles and I just have to do what feels right to us. That is the best that we can do. And that is wonderful. I just need to stay on the path of mindfulness, awareness, intuition, and appreciating all of these beautiful, sweet, sweet baby moments that do not last long. (As opposed to driving myself crazy and turning into a ZOMBIE)

I could go on and on and on about this. But I don't want to bore you & I have other things I need to do at the moment.


On to something amusing - Jude has recently begun doing what I can only describe as keg stands when he breastfeeds. He is content to sit across my lap and nurse the traditional way for a while, but then he twists his body around and is literally standing on his feet, head upside down, still latched on, and still nursing.



who wouldn't want to sleep next to me?!


No comments:

Post a Comment