Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 2

Today I snagged another meditation first thing in the morning... and put my boy in front of the TV to watch WonderPets - again. I don't like doing this & I need to find another way.

I actually listened to the meditation for today. The Deepak Chopra center has a recorded 15 minute meditation for each day of the 21 day challenge. I get an email each morning with access to today's meditation. Our mantra for today was "My personal abundance comes from an infinite source". Or something along those lines.

I don't know how many times I came back to this focusing thought throughout my day. At first, it took brain power to even remember the wording of this mantra. That in itself was a practice. I found repeating this sentence to myself especially helpful when my inner monologue started to turn sour; negative or when thoughts and feelings of anxiety started to come up. I used this sentence "My personal abundance comes from an infinite source" as a substitute for these other, unwanted, thoughts. So, I find that practice really useful. If I don't like the direction my thoughts are taking, I can choose to think about something else. And having this daily focus provides me with that "something". Something that is positive, affirming, and a thought to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment