Sunday, April 6, 2014

Day 12

Breastfeeding. 
If I can misquote Andy from an episode of the HBO show Weeds, "it's more like a  shower head than a dripping faucet" 
Something along those lines. 
When your milk lets down it sprays out of several ducts and they are what I call "stuck on". So if your baby for some reason delatches or lets go of your nipple during this window of time your nipple will look like a shower head spraying milk in several directions. 

I'm describing this because lately Scarlett gets distracted by what's going on around her while she's nursing, and she lets go and ends up being literally showered with my breast milk.  And it's adorable. She'll have lines made up of tiny white droplets all over her face, eyelashes and hair. 
Today I was plucking my eyebrows while sitting on the floor in front of a mirror, nursing of course because you only need one hand to tweeze! I didn't even realize she'd popped off, but when I looked down her beautiful head was covered in milk sprays and my nipple was shower head spraying all over the place. 
She had such a happy two-toothed smile on her face. A beautiful sight to see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment