Monday, September 17, 2012

So much Gratitude, So little time

Yeeeeah, sorry. Somehow I fast forwarded a week. It's just been hard to make the time to blog lately, I guess. However, I am still focusing on gratitude daily. This one will be short, because  I should actually be going to sleep right now... I just was having trouble falling asleep & want to get this done. 18 days doesn't seem like a long time, but I'm finding it easier and very helpful to focus on what I'm grateful for and positivity in general. :)

Monday (12)
Um, I don't know what day I found this out to be honest, but I'll plug it in here. Our new neighborhood doesn't have power lines! I find this very exciting. We were chatting outside with one of our very nice neighbors who pointed this out to us. I looked around and couldn't believe I hadn't noticed this! They're all buried, which means, no ugly cables connected to the houses, running through tree branches and no big ugly poles. It's just very pretty. I've often noticed the existence of power lines and their ugliness. And in their absence, I was completely unaware. Just interesting in a "focus on the positive vs. negative" framework. Anyways, I'm grateful for this!

Tuesday (13)
Ha, I was having a hard time thinking of something for this day and then I remembered that I went to the DENTIST and got my teeth cleaned! I'm grateful for so much. First of all, my husband has amazing coverage for all of us through his work: MUCH gratitude! Secondly, my dentist is the daughter of my former dentist, who I saw for as long as I can remember. I love her. She has a practice with her husband in the city and I love the family feel of it all. She is just great and has really helped me have good oral hygiene over the past year. She had the cutest preggo belly when I first met her, and now her daughter's a year old - I can't believe it. Plus, I had such a great hygienist clean my teeth (the past couple of times I had a girl who I was not crazy about). This woman was a joy and we had a great conversation (when my mouth wasn't occupied) about family, motherhood, children, and careers.

Wednesday (14)
I took a walk with Jude on this evening, and he fell asleep after about 25 minutes. So I walked another 20 minutes. I'm grateful for this time together. Especially this particular time when he's in between babyhood and little boyhood. He's asserting his independence in so many ways, yet he's still my little baby. Not too big to fall asleep in the stroller on a walk. I'm so grateful for every little moment together. (see below for a picture of my little baby/boy)

Thursday (15)
Today we took my mom on a date to the zoo. Within this little outing there's so much to be grateful for. I love having a zoo membership for one and being able to spend an hour there, or an entire day. I love watching Jude enjoy the animals, the train, running around, and eating a delicious lollipop that my mom bought for him. Little blue tongued baby fell asleep on the way home with this sticky treat still in his grasp. And, as always, spending time with my mom. Just the best.

Friday (16)
Friday is payday. It's gotta be acknowledged. I'm so grateful that my husband has a good job and works hard to provide for our needs and pay for the bills. I'm extremely grateful.

Saturday (17)
Today was an impromptu hangout day with my mom, dad, sister, brother in law, nephew, other sister, her boyfriend, and my husband and son. Gotta love that. I'm grateful for letting plans GO and enjoying what may come. It was relaxing, simple and joyful.

Sunday (18)
Aaaaaah, and that brings me to today. Sleeping in - gratitude #1. Another yoga class with my favorite teacher and two of my friends to boot! I'm trying to go every Sunday. Taking care of my family, #3.

Life is so good. So damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment