Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ring of Fire: Day 44

According to my calculations, it's day 44! Man, if you want a 45 day project to FLY by, just start it near the end of your second pregnancy.

Last Sunday I took a walk with my sister (where we took photos such as this one...)

 
and then I went to yoga. When I got home, my uterus was totally contracting. The muscles were tightening and you could see baby Scarlett's body poking out. This went on for a couple of hours, and I started to get excited. I figured now was the time to (finally) pack a bag for the hospital and type out a birth plan. I guess I had been procrastinating on these important items on my to do list.

 
 

Here we are, a week later, and Scarlett is still snug as a bug on the inside. The "contractions" have been coming and going for a week now. But, I'm still excited about it! I don't feel impatient or frustrated. I don't have that feeling that many women do near their due date when they're just DONE. I truly enjoy being pregnant and I pretty much feel like how I look here in this picture...

 
 
Yes, I know. My sister is an AMAZING photographer! I don't feel like I typically look this beautiful in real life. But, there is one little boy who actually IS  THIS beautiful all of the time...

 
 
So, here we are. My "due date" is this coming Thursday. I have no idea when Scarlett's birthday actually will be. I am excited and curious to find out. Her birthday is written in the stars, and it's one of my life's great surprises.
 
I got some inspiring words from my aunt who I greatly admire. She told me to call on all of the women who have given birth before me, and their energy will see me through. And, just thinking about that is Mind Blowing. I am finally starting to "get it". Driving home from my best friend's birthday party tonight and looking out over the bridge at the city, thinking of all of the people who live here... we all grew in our mother's womb. We were all birthed. It is the beginning of all of our stories. Giving birth is nothing to fear. It's the most natural thing in the world. There can be so much resistance around it, and the fear of having to experience physical pain. Why are we so wrapped up in this? I feel like I'm rambling now... but I'm interested in joining a new conversation surrounding birth.
 
We'll see how this story unfolds.
 
*bask*


2 comments: