Tuesday, March 12, 2013

21-Day Meditation Challenge "Perfect Health"



Thank you, Deepak, for coming back into my life! And you even brought Oprah this time. :)
The Chopra Institute has put out another 21 day meditation challenge, this time focusing on "perfect health". Whatever that means - it's different for everybody. I'm centering on the idea of seeking a balance of mind, body & spiritual health. The main areas that I believe I can improve my health is better sleep, consistent yoga, and practicing loving kindness. I'm excited to participate in my second Chopra challenge, and that some of my family members are also trying it out.

Day 1
Yesterday was day 1 of the challenge. Of course, I wanted to get up at 6:00 and meditate. In actuality, I couldn't sleep the night before because I was too busy mentally organizing my garage until 2:00 AM. (Come on, Becky!?) So, I slept in as late as I possibly could and consequently was grumpy and overtired all day. But, after I took a shower and had my little one in the bubble bath, I set a cushion in the bathroom doorway to do my meditation while keeping one eye open on the boy. Naturally, he saw me and said, "I want to meditate too!" I got him a pillow, dried off the bubbles, and we listened together. Not that he sat still for more than 30 seconds, but it was a pretty freakin adorable little 2 year old practice. I had my back against the wall in the hallway, which felt really good to have that support for my posture. It was a good first day. Then last night, I also went to my weekly yoga class - which was fantastic.

Day 2
Here it is, 8:30 AM, and I've successfully meditated and practiced yoga! Bonus: my baby boy is still asleep in bed. Okay, he's almost 3, he's not quite a baby, but as long as I'm living my baby he'll be.
I slept all night, and woke up at 6:40 feeling energetic. This is very unlike me. Especially since we "sprang forward" 2 days ago and it's really 7:30 right now.

Our mantra for today was literally:

"Yum Yum Yum"

No comments:

Post a Comment